Friday, January 23, 2009

In the early morning hours

So, I am sitting watching my cute baby Mariah playing with her toy on the floor. Making more noise than any little baby should at 8:30 in the morning. She seems to have recently found her voice and doesn't bat an eye at using it on full volume at anytime of any day. Last night I was up at the kitchen table reading the newspaper and my dad walked out and said, "Are you getting away from the crying?" I told him that she wasn't crying. She was literally yelling at the top of her lungs to get her dads attention when he was sitting right next to her on the bed watching tv. She was so cute last night. She slept for about an hour before Kenny got home, and then he walked into the room to change and she caught a glimpse of him, and there was no going to bed after that. It is so cute to see how my girls are so in love with their dad. Aleigha can't go to bed at night without wrestling with Kenny. She went from being my little angel to being daddy's little rebel. She is constantly calling him on his cell phone and leaving messages that sound very similar to the welcome message on his phone..."Hi Daddy. This is Aleigha. I'm sorry that I missed your call, but if you leave your name, number and a brief message, I will return your call as soon as possible. My phone number is ***-****. Have a great day. Bye Love you dad!" If anyone has ever gotten a message on their phone from Aleigha, they definitely know what I am talking about. I guess as I write this, I am sitting here feeling very grateful and blessed. Blessed that we live in the free country that we do, and are able to make our own choices. I have made some bad ones, but they always seem to work themselves out in the end. I am grateful that I have a husband that does it best to provide for our family. Not only financially, but spiritually and emotionally. I don't think that I could do it on my own. I am grateful especially that he works hard enough to enable me to stay at home with the kids. Thats not something that happens a lot these days, and it may not last too long. But to be able to be here with Mariah when she first wakes up in the morning and smiles like your the greatest thing in the world, that is priceless. And to get morning cuddles from Aleigha, when she finally rolls out of bed. They are the best...minus the morning breath that girl has! WOW! And even getting Brooklyn up and ready in the morning for school. She fights every minute of it, but inside, she loves school. In the early morning hours, she's sweet and very sarcastic. Just like her mama! I am thankful that my kids are all healthy. Looking at some of the struggles with health that have been going on in others lives, this is one that I am doubly grateful for. Anyways, enough droning on. I just had to get that off my chest, as I sit here in the early morning hours feeling grateful, and happy to get to be home with my girls.

3 comments:

  1. "I'd like to bear my testimony... I know this church is true..."

    Sorry... I couldn't resist. :-) You do have a pretty amazing family... and are incredibly blessed.

    ReplyDelete
  2. That was a very sweet post! And then Krista goes and ruins it. :)

    ReplyDelete
  3. awwhhh so sweet and yes i am like my mama

    ReplyDelete