Saturday, October 31, 2009

Halloween 2009

Mariah playing at Aleigha's Halloween Party at school
Aleigha in her school parade. What a Rockstar!
Grandma and all the grandkids!

So, I figure that now is a good time to start blogging again. Today we celebrated Halloween. Actually, we have had it the last couple of days. It started on Thursday, when I let my girls skip school, and we went to Sandy to Brooklyn's old school and went to the parade there. It was so good to see Brooklyn getting to be around all her old friends. Then while the party was going on in my mom's class room, Kara and I took the babies and went over to my dads school to bring him balloons and lunch (although he paid...for lunch. Thanks Dad! Happy Birthday!) He loves showing off the babies when we go out there, and it is fun to watch him swell with pride. The next day, Friday, I was in charge of Aleigha's Kindergarten Party. It was the first party where I have been the coordinator for the class. I think that I would much rather be a helper, than the planner. It went well, and Mariah was such a good girl the whole time. She stayed back in the play kitchen and played with the fake silverware, and fake food the whole time. We never heard a peep out of her. Then on the real Halloween, which was Saturday this year, the girls and I hung out at home all day getting cleaning done. (well, at least I did...the verdicts out on their rooms.) Then Kenny got home and we went to our ward Chili and Pie Dinner and Trunk or treat. This was Mariah's first time trick-or-treating, and lets just say that she really got into it. She had a little pumpkin bucket for her candy, and she would not even let me hold on to it. She would walk with it in her little fairy costume and walk up to people who were handing out candy and then she would hold out the bucket. But she wouldn't let them put it in the bucket. She actually had to take it from their hand and drop it in her bucket by herself. Then if they were lucky, she would wave to them as she walked to the next car. At one car the man said, "Take whatever you would like." My little fairy took this as an invitation to take his bucket...what a goofball. After the trunk-or-treat, one of my neighbors and I took about 7 girls around the neighborhood while Kenny and Mariah stayed home. When I got home, I was greeted at the door by Mariah with lollipops open in each hand. It was so cute to see how excited Mariah was for her first Halloween, and she amazes us everyday with how oldshe is getting, and how smart. All in all, it was a good day, but I am glad that it only comes around once a year!

3 comments:

  1. Sounds like Halloween was quite the extended holiday for you guys. It is so funny to hear how similar Lydia and Mariah are it cracks me up. All the girls looked darling in their costumes!

    ReplyDelete
  2. It's good to see you blogging again. The girls look so cute.

    ReplyDelete