Wednesday, April 15, 2009

Still Alive and Kicking

Wow,  it's been a long time since I was able to sit down and write a post.  I'm not quite sure why it has taken so long though.  A lot of funny things have happened since I last wrote...the funniest being the following...A couple of weeks ago, Aleigha called out to me from the other room and said, "Mom, I know how to spell sleep."  I asked her how?  She said, "Z.Z.Z"  I told her not quite...so she tells me, "Z.Z.Z.Z"?  I left it at that and told her good job.  I asked her how she knew that and she said..."I learned it on the computer."  The next day she calls out to me from another room, and says, "Mom, I know how to spell Nemo.  N-E-M-O."  I said, "Great Job!  Where did you learn how to spell that?"  She said, from her perch on the toilet, "I read it on my underwear!"  What a nutcase!  

Another new thing for us since my last post is that Kenny has lost his job.  It's in the car sales industry and they just weren't busy enough, and he had been hired back and was the last one that had been hired back.  We are so lucky though, that we have our Mobile Detailing business to fall back on.  Kenny had actually been on the fence about quitting for awhile, his business traffic was picking up, but he wasn't having a lot of available time to detail, because of the fact that he had to be at the dealership all the time even though they weren't even busy.  This was a hard thing for us to have him gone all the time and not being able to make money.  Since he has not been working at the car dealership, we have seen a lot more of him.  It is so nice to have him with us for dinner and/or have him help with the kids.  

This past Saturday, April 11, we were able to walk as a family in the WalkMS 2009.  This was great to have Kenny with us for.  We were able to help raise money to find a cure for MS, a disease that has afflicted my little sister for a year now.  The most wonderful thing is that Brooklyn and Aleigha were so excited about doing the walk and about helping find a cure for their "Aunty Krista".   We were able to walk and raise money with a team of about 18, a team that we have named "Raisin' Dough for MS".  (I came up with the name a while ago and am so happy that we got to use it...YAY Me!)  We have decided that we are definitely going to be doing this walk for years to come, and would love to have the biggest team!  Anyone who would like to join with us to raise money is more than welcome to contact me for more information.

Anyways, one more new thing is our cute little puppy, Suga.  (pronounced Soon-ga)  This means "girl" in samoan.  She is a 10 week old Chocolate Lab that was given to my husband on his last day of work at the dealership from a past customer.  She is adorable.  (not so much at 2, 4, and 6 in the morning though).   It has been fun to see our daughters play with and learn how to care for a pet.  Brooklyn has especially been great with Suga.  She has mostly kept up on the poop clean up and is constantly playing with Suga and taking care of her.  I will try and post a picture later.

2 comments:

  1. Yeah I am so glad to hear that you kept that puppy...when she get's a little older and bigger we will have to set up a play date for our dogs! (ha ha ha!)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hey, I didn't know you had a blog... I found you from Brittani. I am obsessed, so it's always fun to find someone else!

    ReplyDelete